Casio RZ-1 – Firmware version 2.00
Casio RZ-1 is an interesting Lo-fi drum machine from the mid-80s, which was affordable for most artists at that time and the interesting about Casio RZ-1 was, that the device was able to sample. The original Casio firmware was very buggy and limited, so this is indeed good news for the Casio RZ-1 end-users, who want to give new life to their device.
- ON-THE-FLY PATTERN SWITCHING DURING PLAYBACK
- ADJUSTABLE SAMPLE ATTACK
- ACCENT LOCK
- MIDI SDS
- INDEPENDENT MIDI TX/RX CHANNEL ASSIGNMENT
- LOCAL ON/OFF
- SAMPLE REVERSE
- METRONOME ON/OFF
- OLED support for WS0010/RS0010
- The Eprom is verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- There is no Casio RZ-1 included.
- The installation will require de-soldering of the original OS eprom. Therefore is technical know-who recommended.
- The chip is soldered to the mainboard and I therefore include a free IC Socket holder for the chip for this and future updates.. 🙂