Emulator II OS 3.1 Upgrade and Debug ROMs
This is firmware update 3.1 and is the latest official released operation system by E-mu Systems. This operation system update/upgrade requires two eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos + one debug chip. The chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
For sale is an OS 3.1 EPROM upgrade kit and debug EPROM for the Emulator II.
The upgrade kit Includes three ROMs:
- Scanner v3.1 < IC-socket located at IC 28
- Main v2.1 < IC-socket located at IC 42
- DEBUG eprom < IC-socket located at IC 42
OS 3.1 is the last OS upgrade released by E-MU for the EII. Upgrading to OS 3.1 will improve following:
The debug EPROM allows you to run software diagnostics via the RS232 port on the back of the emulator. This can help you determine what or which IC that might gone bad. This is very useful for testing and diagnosing the Main CPU SRAM and you will find a very helpful description about the usage test-options in the service manual.
Swap out the old scanner and mainboot EPROM chips on your EII for the new ones.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The Emu E2 on the picture is not for sale, only this update/upgrade.
- This is not for the HD edition, as the software is different.