Emu ESI – OS Upgrade version 3.02
This is firmware update 3.02 and is the latest official released operation system by E-mu Systems. This operation system update/upgrade requires two eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
OS 3.02 The latest software with all version 3 features and the MIDI sample dump problem fixed. sample bug fixed.
The new filters types are direct copies of those implemented in the Orbit sound module.
These digital filters originate from the Z-plane filter technology first used in the Morpheus module, and are; two High Pass, three Band Pass, three new Low Pass filters, a Flanger, three Swept filters, three Phasers, two Vocal filters, and the famous Bottom Feeder (bass distortion).
- 17 filter types
- Assignment Groups
- Sonic Enhancer
- Export Functions
- Velocity Ranges
- Output Boost
- Support for Turbo Card
- Support for NEC CDROM’s
- SCSI drives to 4 GB
- Improved operation with JAZ drives
- Improved compatibility with non 512 byte sector drives
- Improved pitch shifting at extreme transpositions
- Pitch Bend up to +/- 12 semitones
- Dynamic Allocation replaced with Assignment Group
- New realtime filter control routing- VCF not on to Q
- Filter Q can be controlled by the position of a real tim controller at not-on time
- Finer Ratio Resolution (1/10 of a percent) in the Digital Processing, Time Compression alogorithm
- Improved stero phase lock in Digital Processing Time Compression alogithm
- Two additional alogorithms added to Time Compression and Pitch Change
- Improved trigger button response, up to two buttons at once
- H chip filter popping eliminated
- G chip bandwidth improved
- Trigger button ghosting remioved
- Thermal drift of volume knob eliminated
- ESI-32 typo on SCSI page sorted
The digital sonic enhancer is a function that has been added to the Digital Processing menu. It adds brilliance and ‘cut’ to a sample, making it stand out in the mix.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- You will need a chip removal tool to remove the current chip. (Included)