Ensoniq Sequencer Expanders for Sqx-70 for Ts10 Ts12 Sd1 Sq1 KS
This is a turbocharger kit of the sequencer memory for various Ensoniq models. This memory upgrade was an optional upgrade for the devices in the early 90s. This kit includes two chips, which have to be inserted / installed in IC sockets. For more info, please read below:
Increases sequencer capacity, reduce disk swaps, prolong floppy drive life, and load larger songs.
TS-10 / TS-12 – Expands from 30,000 to 97,000 notes
SD1, SD1-32, VFX-SD – Expands from 25,000 to 75,000 notes
SQ-1, SQ-1 Plus, SQ-2 – expands 9,000 to 58,000 notes
KS-32 – Expands from 8,500 to 58,000 notes.
To check current installed memory:
Erase all sequences from memory and check the number # of free notes. If your device already have the expansion, then you should have as listed above.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material
- VFX and SQ in rack versions are not capable to use SQX-70
- VFX-SD must be OS 1.37 or higher.
- SQ-1 must be OS 1.01 or higher.
- SD-1 32-Voice keyboards already have expanded sequencer memory, and will not need this kit.