Sequential Circuits Six-Trak v 14 and Diagnostic Rom
This firmware update is based on version 11, which was the latest official released operation system by Sequential Circuits (SCI). This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
Features/improvements: [Firmware 14]
- Version 14 upgrade provides bug fixes related to midi communication and system code issues from former firmware revisions.
- Offers the ability to sync the on- board sequencer to non-Sequential tm MIDI Clocks
- Unison detune has been added. To allow storing the setting with the patch, I used the Oscillator Fine Tune parameter to control the detune amount. If the patch does not enable Unison mode, or if MIDI mode 4 is selected, this parameter works normally. When detune is enabled, oscillator fine tune amount is set to 0.
- A new parameter (front panel #37 or MIDI #39) has been added. It’s global, and is not stored with each patch. In fact, it’s reset at power up. This parameter has three values, 0, 1, and 2. When it’s set to 0, all voice LFO’s behave normally. When it’s set to 1, all voice LFO’s are reset to the “no modulation” state when the voice is assigned. When it’s set to 2, all voice LFO’s are set to the “full modulation” state when the voice is assigned. So this parameter allows the LFO’s to sync to the start of a new note. It can be controlled using MIDI, the same as other parameters, but there is only one of them, not one per voice. So all voices will have the same setting.
- Patches can now be selected using the value pot. In Program Select mode, the value pot will now scroll through the programs as it is turned. Two ranges are used. 0-59 and 40-99. When the pot is turned two steps beyond 59, the high range is selected. When it’s turned two steps below 40, we switch back to the low range. This may seem a little odd, but trying to cover the entire 0-99 range with the pot made the steps too close together and hard to control. Patches can also be selected using the keypad, as before.
Features: [Diagnostic Rom]
This ROM is useful to localize a fault in a faulty Six-Trak.
- Switch/LED Test
- DAC Tests
- RAM test
- Sample & Hold test
- Counter/Timer test
- Factory Program & Sequence load & verify
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The Sequential Circuits Six-trak on the picture is not for sale 🙂
- To check current OS: hold down the [Track record] button, and then press  on the keypad.