Korg O1/w – OS Upgrade: #62
This is firmware update #62 and is the latest official released operation system by Korg. This operation system update/upgrade requires two eproms and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
To check your current ROM version:
- Press and hold the RESET button on the front panel and turn on the power.
- Continue to hold the button down until after the welcome bumper is finished (Korg 01/W Music Workstation).
- Standard MIDI Files (SMF) -You can read and write Standard MIDI Files from a 720K DOS-formatted disk.
- Improved sysex support when working with external editors.
- Tempo sync fix.
- Disk Mode*Load Std MIDI File* into a specific Song location (Song0-Song9).
- Disk Mode*Set Date for Save* – specify a date between Jan-1-1980 and Dec-31-2079 to be stamped onto a saved MIDI file.
- Disk Mode*Save Std MIDI File*, selecting a Song location (Song0-Song9) to save.
- Disk Mode*Format Disk* – formats a disk using the 720K MS-DOS format.
- Expanded COMPARE key function.
- SEQ Mode Mute/Solo Switches.
- SEQ Mode Display of patterns in the event list.
- GLOBAL Mode Effects Bypass Switch.
- GLOBAL Mode NUM option for Program Change Filtering.
- GLOBAL Mode ROM Demo Sequence (01/W only, no FD).
- General MIDI Bank support
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Version #62 upgrade is compatible with the entire 01/w series such as the FD, Pro and Pro X