Oberheim DMX – Diagnostic Debug Eprom
This is the diagnostic eprom and released by Oberheim with the purpose of troubleshooting issues. This diagnostic tool requires one eprom chip.
This tool can help you determine what IC or part that might gone faulty.
- Test 0 – Display Test
- Test 1 – Memory Test
- Test 2 – Switch Reading Test
- Test 3 – Interrupt Test
- Test 4 – Drum Triggers Test
- Test 5 – Battery Back-up Test
- Test 6 – Beep Test
- Test 7 – Cassette Test
- Test 8 – Sync From Tape Test
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The socket for the eprom is located in IC 18.
- Diagnostics procedure instructions can be found in the service manual.
- Debug firmware is not compatible with devices, which has the midi board. [Reference to your service manual]