Oberheim Matrix-1000 – Custom OS update Version: 1.16
Firmware revision 1.16 was a special OS developed by third-part called Gligli, while the latest release from Oberheim was 1.11. This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
- Faster processing of parameter changes that require a modulation matrix rebuild. There is still a bit of lag but much better than older firmware revisions.
- Midi NRPN parameter edit fix (as introduced in 1.14).
- Unison detune, controlled by MIDI CC #94 (Celeste Level), value from 0 (no detune) to 127 (strongly out of tune). It is always active, even in poly mode. Values around 2-6 add a slow VCO-like detune that helps liven up the sound and keeps poly mode sounding in tune.
Open the unit and swap the current chip eprom in socket U804.
- The patch EPROM needed for older units that currently have version 1.05 or older. This is the latest version of the operating system. The version installed on your unit is displayed briefly when the unit is turned on.
- The Oberheim Matrix-1000 is not for sale, only this update/upgrade.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.