Roland Alpha Juno-2 – Final OS Revision: 2.5
This is firmware update 2.5 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chip.
Some users wished to replace their old LCD screen with a new OLED, but the original Firmware code needed to be re-addressed to handle OLED screens, therefore two versions.
- The Standard LCD Version
- The OLED fitted version. [Only recommend, if you have OLED installed or is planning to customize your Roland Juno-2 with OLED]
After buying, please state your desired Firmware.
- Change MIDI exclusive receiving routine to relieve one JU‑2 from its certain functions, except keyboard play, being disturbed by an exclusive message including TONE NAME sent from other a JUNO.
- When the JU‑2 receives a mono mode (m=1) message, it turns CHORD MEMORY ON. The JU‑2 with earlier ROM version (1.1, 1.2, 2.1U or 2.2U) does not turn it ON.
The eprom is in socket, so you swap the current chip located at IC 24 with this one.
- Fully tested before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Your display will show “Ver 4.3 2.12 86”, which was a name convention mistake from Roland.