Roland D-50 firmware OS upgrade v1.10 – Final for Early Revisions
This is firmware revision 1.10 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland for the early revision. This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chip.
Please check your devices` serial number due to that this OS firmware will only work for devices with Serial No. 868199 and below.
- If your device has higher than Serial No. 868199, then you can use 2.22 (which I also can provide.)
- Program Change Number can be transmitted
- Patch Dump can be made through exclusive message.
- Portamento and Hold effects can be given independently on each tone in Dual Key Mode
- The method of setting separate channels has been changed.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Some older board revisions may have the OS room soldered in place.
- IC socket is located on IC 22
- You can check your current OS if you hold [ZERO] from number pad and [INCREMENT], while you power your device.
- This OS cannot be used with serial number higher than 868199 as mentioned above.
- Some of the older instruments can show a 2.xx version. That means the CPU has already been replaced by a new version (uPD78312G-22 instead of uPD78312G-17). This new CPU increased the operating speed. In this case the instrument can be upgraded with the 2.22 Version.