Roland D-50 firmware OS upgrade v2.22 – Final Revision
This is firmware revision 2.22 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland. This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chip as revealed in the article`s photos and the chip will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
Please check your devices` serial number due to that this will only work for devices with Serial No. 868199 and up.
Improvements till OS V 2.22
- Improved – Increased output level
- Improved – Reduced digital noise level
- Improved – Key touch response curve
- Fixed – When changing the patch, sometimes unexpected output mode is selected
- Fixed – The effect of keyfollow on TVF depth is opposite to what designed
- Added – Transmitted program change no. can be programmed in each patch
- Added – Patch dump function by system exclusive.
- Added – Portamento and hold effects can be given independently on each tone in dual key mode.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Some older board revisions may have the OS room soldered in place.
- IC socket is located on IC 22
- You can check your current OS if you hold [ZERO] from number pad and [INCREMENT], while you power your device.
- Your device can maximum handle OS 1.10, if you have under Serial no. 868199. (I can also provide 1.10, if necessary)