Roland D-70 firmware OS update v 1.19 – Final
This is firmware update 1.19 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland in 1994. This operation system update/upgrade requires two eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
Check current OS:
Hold [NUMBER 1], while you power the device.
- Fixed – When a keyboard part was set to “OFF” or “RHYTHM”, a hold data has not been sent out from the “MIDI PALETTE” of on the “CONTROL CHANNEL”
- Fixed – Original tone will be corrupted, when temporary area was accessed by SysEx
- Fixed – When setting reverb mode to delay and delay time to maximum, periodically a pop noise may be heard
- Fixed – When a key was pressed just after performance change on user program change, the head of that sound will be collapsed.
- A EVEN = IC4 and B ODD = IC9
- Before buying, please check your current firmware version, if you have under version 1.14 then you cannot upgrade do 1.19 due to that Roland changed the whole motherboard to another revision! [For older revisions I can offer version 1.12]