Roland JD-990 // Firmware Version 1.05 – Final Revision
This is firmware update 1.05 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland. This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chip.
1. In the performance mode, when a patch with ” structure / sync `
is assigned to plural Parts and it is played, the sounding way get
wrong gradually and then the JD-990 may hang up at last.
2. JD-990 may hang up when the JD-990 receives Program Change
message from an external MIDI device during playing.
3. In case that “Atari Cubase” is used with JD-990, the JD-990
hangs up when the Cubase is booted up.
4. JD-990 may hang up when you change/edit a patch during playing
in the Performance mode.
5. JD-990 outputs some wrong data after the JD-990 receives “RQ1”
of “Performance Temporary Patch ” .
6. When “Performance Temporary Patch” is send back to the JD-990,
the “Effect ” sound may be changed .
7. JD-990 hangs up when the JD-990 receives a large amount of System
Exclusive data during “Demo Play”.
8. When JD-990 plays A3 (Claves) by Rhythm Set of SL-JD80-02
9. JD-990 may hang up or return to the factory presets when the JD-
990 receives big MIDI data at short time during playing.
10. Even setting the tone delay time to 5.0 sec. In Patch / WG, the
delay time would be about 3 sec. This only occurs with version 1.03 and
11. When loading a patch of JV-series, the rate of S&H/ Random LFO will be delayed.
12. An algorithm of Chorus and Reverb has been adjusted to have more compatibility with JV’s patch. The nuance was different in case with previous version.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Remote editing software programs recommend 1.05. as being substantially better handling SysEx
- Hold [INC] and [DEC], while powering device to check current OS
- OS rom Socket is located at IC 31