Roland W-30 – SCSI update kit
This is the SCSI firmware update chip and is normally sold by Roland as a kit called KW-30. This system update/upgrade requires one chip as revealed in the eBay article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
The KW-30 kit was sold as an option for Roland W-30. Most devices who got the SCSI kit installed does not have a cover on the option port, you can check if the IC 16 socket is empty.
- Compatibility with SCSI peripherals like: Hard Drive, SCSI2SD, Zip drive, CD-ROMs readers
- Ability to read/load Roland S Samplers series libraries on CD-ROMs (S-550, S-330 & S-50)
- Ability to load / boot OS version CDHD 1.07
- Screw-off the cover on the SCSI port.
- Open Roland W-30
- Insert chip in empty IC socket located at IC 16.
- Professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The Roland W-30 on the picture is not for sale 🙂
- IC socket is located at IC 16.
- Please check, if you already have the SCSI installed before buying.