Roland MC-303 – OS revision: v1.03
This is firmware update 1.03 and is the latest known officially released operation system by Roland in 1997. This operation system update / upgrade requires two eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chip will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
How to check current version:
SHIFT ‘+’ SCALE ‘+’ R (BD)
Features / improvements:
- Improved – OS stability.
- Fixed – Randomly freeze
- Fixed – Random pitch changes.
- Added – midi settings Midi thru on / off
… and more …
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The Roland MC-303 on the picture is not for sale 🙂
- OS rom = IC 7, Data rom = IC 8
Note from the Service Manual:
Roland changed eprom type from 27C4000 to 27C4096 due to that the original type was hard to obtain for a period. You will therefore need to get an Eprom pin conversion as mentioned in the Service Manual on page 22, if Roland didn’t already install that.