Roland MKS-80 Revision 5: [CPU = Rom A, V. 5] [Moduleboards = Rom B, V. 3]
This is OS firmware for revision 5 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland. This operation system update / upgrade requires three eprom chips as revealed in the article`s photos and the chips will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
You can determine the current CPU board software version by holding [AUTO TUNE] & [WRITE], while you power the device.
- Revision 4 has serial numbers up to and including 511799.
- Revision 5 has serial number 511800 and later.
- Improved – Auto Tune routines after long hours performance.
Installation / content:
- 1 x [ROM A, V. 5] must be insert on the CPU board on IC 8
- 2 x [ROM B, V. 3] must be insert on the Module board / Voice Boards on IC 4
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Upgrading to revision 5 from revision 4 will require hardware modifications.