Roland MKS-80 Revision 4: [CPU = Rom A, V. 4] [Moduleboards = Rom B, V. 2]
This is OS firmware for revision 4 and is the latest official released operation system by Roland. This operation system update/upgrade requires three eprom chips.
You can determine the current CPU board software version by holding [AUTO TUNE] & [WRITE], while you power the device.
- Revision 4 has serial numbers up to and including 511799.
- Revision 5 has serial number 511800 and later.
- Improved – Auto Tune routines after long hours performance.
- 1 x [ROM A, V. 4] must be insert on the CPU board on IC 8
- 2 x [ROM B, V. 2] must be insert on the Module board/Voice Boards on IC 4
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- Downgrading from revision 5 will require hardware modifications.