Roland PG-1000 OS upgrade: 3.0
This is firmware update version 3.0 and is a third part-developed operation system. This operation system update / upgrade requires one eprom chip as revealed in the article`s photos and the chip will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
Features / improvements:
At the heart of the PG-1000 there’s a chip with an OS custom made by Roland to only control the D-50 or D-550 synthesizer via Sysex. By exchanging this eprom chip with the original roland chip you’d be able to turn your PG-1000 into a MIDI fader box capable of sending 127 MIDI continuous controller messages on any of its faders. This will allow you to control other synths in your collection and also computer base soft synths. No soldering needed. Just pop the roland chip out of its socket and pop this one in instead. You can have up to 64 saved configurations inside the chip. That covers most people’s needs (unless you have over 64 synths in your collection) “
- Turn your PG-1000 into a MIDI fader controller
- Everything can be set from the LCD screen.
- MIDI signals: NoteOn / NoteOff, Program Change, NoteOn with Aftertouch, Channel Pressure, Pitch Wheel.
- Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.
- The Roland PG-1000 on the picture is not for sale
- Manual (.PDF) can be provided, if necessary.
- The OS firmware eprom is located at IC 4