Yamaha CX5m firmware OS upgrade SFG-05 – Final Revision
This firmware version will help you to upgrade your SFG-01 to SFG-05. This operation system update/upgrade requires one eprom chip as revealed in the article`s photos and the chip will be labeled to help you locate the correct chip socket. For more info, please check below.
Yamaha released the SFG-01 version first and this was very limited and could only handle midi from specific Yamaha midi keyboards aka YK-01, YK-10 and YK-20. Later Yamaha released SFG-05, which supported MIDI input and thus allowed the internal FM synth to be played by any external MIDI keyboard.
Upgrade from SFG-01 to SFG-05 features:
• Ability to set MIDI channel for incoming MIDI data.
• You can control your Yamaha CX5m from other devices (Sequencer, midi keyboards etc.).
• Fully verified before shipping and professionally packaged in anti-static material.sa
• The Yamaha CX5m on the picture is not for sale 🙂
• The upgrade requires a light modification. I will therefore provide modification instructions.
• The difference between version 1.0 and 2.0 is that version 1.0 also requires to cut voltage traces on the PCB board, this has been addressed [further coded] in version 2.0 and therefore is this not necessary.
[What is this?]:
Yamaha, Sequencer, synthesizer, Groovebox, midi, firmware, upgrade, synth, keyboard, FM, fix, update, rare, modification, DIY, 80s, computer
Please also checkout my other eBay articles. Maybe I have more articles that are interesting for you and please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any questions 🙂