3-Prong Outlet Conversion Kit
This fits into the original outlet hole for:
Roland – S‑50, S‑550, S-220, JX-10, W‑30, MKS‑70, MKS-50, Juno-1 & 2 and more.
Q: Why converting the 2-prong to 3-prong?
- 3-prong power cables are more commons. [Example the AC cable, which you use for your computer workstation is a 3-prong]
- Adding ground circuit protection.
Requires soldering to install:
Installation of this part along with any associated risks involved in the process are the responsibility of the buyer.
- 3 Prong Outlet
1. Unplug the synth!
2. Remove the screws to open the synth
3. Locate the 2-prong outlet
4. Make note of wire orientation, cut the wires from the outlet, remove the outlet
5. Insert and screw in new 3-prong outlet and connect the wires by soldering, same orientation as noted. (You can choose to use the heat shrink tubes or not, your choice)
6. The devices were not designed with a ground pin, so leave middle ground pin disconnected